A Tribute to Chick and MilfordBy
Click the play button to listenThis show honours two great figures in jazz who passed away recently. Chick Corea, an outstanding pianist and a great composer, and, Milford Graves a master percussionist, who was one of the giants of the improvised music community. I have selected music from across their respective careers as a tribute to their contribution to music.
- Chick Corea, Dave Holland, Barry Altschul "Nefertiti" from A.R.C.(ECM) 00:00
- Wayne Shorter "Moto Grosso Feio" from Moto Grosso Feio (Blue Note) 10:41
- Milford Graves "Ba" from Babi (IPS) 23:32
- Paul Bley Quintet "Ictus" from Barrage (ESP Disk) 34:59
- Return to Forever "The Moorish Warrior And Spanish Princess" from Live (The Complete Concert) (Sony) 41:11
- Stan Getz "Litha" from Sweet Rain (Verve) 1:00:00
- David Murray & Milford Graves "Moving About" from Real Deal (DIW) 1:08:59
- Anthony Braxton, Milford Graves & William Parker "First Meeting" from Beyond Quantum(Tzadik) 1:20:26
- Chick Corea and The Spanish Heart Band "Zyryab" from Antidote (Concorde Jazz) 1:35:34
- Milford Graves with Sunny Murray "Nothing 11 10" from Percussion Ensemble (ESP Disk) 1:48:00
- Chick Corea Elektric Band "Johnny's Landing" from To The Stars (Stretch Records) 1:53:48
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Chick Corea
Instrument: PianoArticle Coverage | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists