Brand New ReleasesBy
Click the play button to listenThis week new albums from Enrique Peña, Gary Eastman, Shawn Maxwell and Philippe Cote with Marc Copland. Also, continuing my look at the recent releases by Craig Taborn and The Scottish National Jazz Orchestra with their suites inspired by Dewey Redman and Anthony Braxton.
- Enrique Peña "Gris" from Intersticios (ears&eyes) 00:00
- The Scottish National Jazz Orchestra "The Very Thought Of You" from Where Rivers Meet (Bandcamp) 05:35
- Dewey Redman "If I Should Lose You" from Living On The Edge (Black Saint) 12:59
- Craig Taborn "Shadow Play" from Shadow Plays (ECM) 21:58
- Gary Eastman "Trust Me" from Trust Me (WMC Records) 40:27
- Shawn Maxwell "A Change of Climate" from Expectation and Experience (Self Released) 47:09
- Shawn Maxwell "Alternative Facts" from Expectation and Experience (Self Released) 48:11
- Philippe Côté with Marc Copland "The Bond" from Bell Tolls Variations (Odd Sound) 53:06
- Philippe Côté with Marc Copland "Alchemy I" from Bell Tolls Variations (Odd Sound) 57:01
- Enrique Peña "Incertidumbre" from Intersticios (ears&eyes) 1:00:38
- The Scottish National Jazz Orchestra "Composition 40M" from Where Rivers Meet (Bandcamp) 1:07:22
- Anthony Braxton, Milford Graves & William Parker "First Meeting" from Beyond Quantum (Tzadik) 1:18:05
- Craig Taborn "Bird Templars" from Shadow Plays (ECM) 1:33:42
- Philippe Côté with Marc Copland "Mystery of the Seed" from Fleur Revisited (Odd Sound) 1:50:23
- Enrique Peña "Archipelago" from Intersticios (ears&eyes) 1:56:05
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Craig Taborn
Instrument: PianoArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists