Keith Jarrett & Vince GuaraldiBy
Click the play button to listenDuring the penultimate episode of Neon Jazz during 2020, we continue to honor the voices of modern jazz. We start things off with a talented musician from Norway in Espen Berg. We also hear from Doug Carn of the 2020 Jazz is Dead series. We profile the busy and talented Kansas City saxophonist Rich Wheeler and wrap up the 680th Episode with Vince Guaraldi as the musical voice of the holiday season.
- Espen Berg Trio "Meanwhile in Armenia" Free to Play (ODIN) 00:00
- Host talks 5:58
- Keith Jarrett "Sundance" Expectations (Sony Music Canada Inc.) 7:31
- Athens Tango Project "Oblivion" The Collection (ATP Records) 11:57
- Host talks 15:49
- Doug Carn "Underwater" Jazz is Dead Volume 5 (Blue Note) 17:14
- Rich Wheeler "Pavau" Self Produced (RW Records) 20:01
- Host talks 28:22
- Dexter Gordon "Hi Fly" The Essential (Blue Note) 29:20
- Matty Stecks and Musical Tramps "Somersault of the Earth" Long Time Ago Rumble (Orange Grove Records) 38:44
- Host talks 45:32
- Maynard Ferbuson's Swingin' Dream Band Orchestra "Lady Bug" Live at Peacock Lane, Hollywood 1956-57 (Fresh Sound Records) 47:04
- Donna Tucker"Como Un Milagro" Classics (kippyjoshjazz) 44:57
- Host talks 52:36
- Vince Guaraldi "Linus and Lucy with the Band" The Charlie Brown Suite and Other Favorites (Sony Legacy) 54:00
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Espen Berg
Instrument: PianoArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists
Radio Espen Berg Joe Dimino United States Missouri Kansas City Doug Carn Vince Guaraldi Keith Jarrett Dexter Gordon