Results for "Zvonimir Tot"
Zvonimir Tot (z-VON-e-mere TOTE) is a Chicago-based jazz guitarist, composer and arranger with a style deeply rooted in the jazz tradition but flavored by his European origin. He holds too many university degrees. Tot has performed in the United States, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Macedonia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, South Africa, and Spain. He has performed and/or recorded with many world-renowned musicians, including:
- Saxophonists Chris Potter, Scott Hamilton, Billy Harper, Jamey Aebersold, Eric Alexander, and Peter King
- Violinists Johnny Frigo and Stefan Milenković
- Drummers Ernie Adams, Paul Wertico and Byron Landham
- Bassists Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen and John Clayton
- Pianists Larry Novak and Larry Vuckovich
- Harmonica virtuoso Howard Levy
- Guitarists Philip Catherine, Henry Johnson, and Paulinho Garcia
- Organists Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Floyd
- Vocalists Patricia Barber, Jackie Allen, and Carmen Lundy Zvonimir Tot is a Clinical Associate Professor of Music at University of Illinois at Chicago and currently teaches jazz guitar, harmony, and ear training
Label: Self Produced
Track listing: Expectation; J.C. Jones; Empty Shelf; Quiet House; The Great Divide; Feeling Remote; Breathe; A Change of Climate; Alternative Facts; Every Day Is Monday; No Peace Without Justice; The Show Can’t Go On; Empty Stage; Six Hundred; Lockdown; The New Abnormal; Experience.
by AAJ Staff
Musician Zvonimir Tot: Zvonimir Tot (z-VON-e-mere TOTE) is a jny: Chicago-based jazz guitarist, composer and arranger with a style deeply rooted in the jazz tradition but flavored by his European origin. Tot has performed in the United States, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Macedonia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, South Africa, and Spain. He has performed ...
by Dan McClenaghan
Guitarist Zvonimir Tot says there are two things he knows something about, classical composition and jazz. He combines those two bodies of knowledge in his presentation of Sarabande Blue. The Serbian-born and now Chicago-based guitarist collaborated with a string quintet" for the outing, adding the bass of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's Robert Kassenger to a string ...
By Zvonimir Tot
Label: Groove Art Records
Track listing: CD 1: 1. It Could Happen to You 2. Black Orpheus 3. The Thumb 4. Polka Dots and Moonbeams 5. Beautiful Love 6. Just Squeeze Me 7. Emily CD 2: 1. My Romance 2. Wave 3. All Blues 4. On the Sunny Side of the Street 5. A Child is Born 6. Doxy
A BENEFIT FOR JAPAN" is being planned to be held at the Jazz Showcase this April... Here are the details from Chicago Jazz Bassist, Steven Hashimoto as they are shaping up so far: The events in Japan are almost too much for my mind to handle; nevertheless, I'm involved with organizing a benefit for victims of ...
by Matthew Warnock
1, 2, 3... is a masterful contemporary jazz release by Chicago jazz stalwart and bass virtuoso Larry Gray. The album is Gray's first trio record that has released under his own name, though he has performed on many as a sideman with such players as Larry Coryell and up and coming Chicago artist Zvonimir Tot. Handling ...