Kirk Knuffke, Ingrid Laubrock and Jerry BergonziBy
Click the play button to listenThis week we look at the variety that can be found in the World of Jazz as exemplified by the amazing new collaboration with operatic baritone Steven Herring on the new album from Kirk Knuffke, which we contrasted with the ground breaking avant-garde work of featured artist Ingrid Laubrock and with the traditional stylings of another featured player Jerry Bergonzi. In between a selection of new releases and archive cuts from the Greenleaf label.
- Kirk Knuffke "Witness" from Witness (SteepleChase) 00:00
- Ryan Keberle & Catharthis "Canción Mandala" from Azul Infinito (Greenleaf) 07:33
- Dave Douglas Quintet "Hawaiian Punch" from Brazen Heart Live at Jazz Standard : Complete (Greenleaf) 14:19
- Ingrid Laubrock "Contemporary Chaos Practices : Part 3" from Two Works For Orchestra With Soloists (Intakt) 22:40
- Ingrid Laubrock "Hall of Mirrors" from Ubatuba (Firehouse 12) 28:34
- Ingrid Laubrock Anti House "From Farm Girl to Fabulous, vol. II" from Roulette of the Cradle (Intakt) 33:22
- Ingrid Laubrock & Tom Rainey "Thunderbird" from Bouyancy (Relative Pitch) 42:28
- Ingrid Laubrock & Tom Rainey "Flutter" from Utter (Relative Pitch) 48:51
- Kirk Knuffke "Aria Mustafa" from Witness (SteepleChase) 57:13
- Jerry Bergonzi "Osiris" from Convergence (Savant) 1:03:59
- Jerry Bergonzi "Lost in the Shuffle" from Lost in the Shuffle (Double Time) 1:09:01
- Jerry Bergonzi "Bob Berg" from Tenor of the Times (Savant) 1:18:00
- Antonio Adolfo "Partido Samba Funk" from Encontros : Orquestra Atlantica (AAM Music) 1:26:58
- Chris Passin "Jayne" from Ornettiquette (Planet Arts) 1:32:59
- New York Standards Quartet "Cheryl" from Heaven Steps to Seven (Whirlwind) 1:42:50
- Ryan Kerberle & Catharis "Cheryl" from Into The Zone (Greenleaf) 1:51:41
- Kirk Knuffke "A City Called Heaven" from Witness (SteepleChase) 1:58:26
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Kirk Knuffke
Instrument: CornetArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists