Jesse Harris' Songs without WordsBy
Click the play button to listenHow many musicians can claim to be close collaborators of both John Zorn and Norah Jones? Grammy Award-winning prolific singer-songwriter, producer, and guitarist Jesse Harris can. His knack for memorable melodies and sophisticated harmonies have made him a sought-after composer and producer for a motley crew of artists that range from Willie Nelson to Brad Mehldau, from The Black Keys to Vinicius Cantuaria.
Here is a collection of his "songs without words," because, when he approaches instrumental music, in projects like Cosmo and Star Rover, he does it with the soul of a singer-songwriter.
- Cosmo "The Waves" Cosmo (Tzadik) 0:00
- Jesse Harris with Star Rover "Pandora's Box" No Wrong No Right (Dangerbird) 2:40
- Jesse Harris "Everybody Thinks You're a Movie Star" Music for Chameleons (Sunnyside) 6:00
- Cosmo "Pixote" Cosmo (Tzadik) 9:06
- Jesse Harris "Surfside" Music for Chameleons (Sunnyside) 11:46
- Jesse Harris with Star Rover "Miyazaki" No Wrong No Right (Dangerbird) 14:01
- Jesse Harris "Karass" Mineral (Secret Sun) 16:31
- Cosmo "Little Star" Cosmo (Tzadik) 19:32
- Jesse Harris with Star Rover "Staring Contest" No Wrong No Right (Dangerbird) 22:24
- Jesse Harris "Carousel" Aquarelle (Secret Sun) 25:25
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Jesse Harris
Instrument: GuitarArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists