Baby It's Nice Outside InBy
Click the play button to listenWe take a break from surveying the best of the 2010's to take a gander at five releases from the second half of this wunnerful year, 2020. Maybe everything else has gone to heck in a handcart this year but the music releases remain strong, as our survey attests. Three of the five releases are on up and coming label Outside In Music and all of them have something to recommend. Pop matters dips into that bane/blessing of the 1970s, disco.
- Discussion of Julia Karosi's album Without Dimension (Double Room/Challenge Records) 7:55
- Discussion of Chad McCullough's album Forward (Outside In Music) 21:45
- Discussion of Aaron Djuan Burnett's album Jupiter Conjunct (Fresh Sound) 35:15
- Discussion of Mariel Bildsten's album Backbone (Outside In Music) 51:05
- Discussion of Kasperi Sarikoski's album 3+1 (Outside In Music) 1:03:00
- Pop Matters 1:21:12
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Chad McCullough
Instrument: TrumpetArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists