Alessia Obino, Rob Mazurek, London Brew, Stephen Ulrich & More New ReleasesBy
Click the play button to listenAmericana-tinged guitarists, cinematic moods, a cast of London all-stars chasing the electric Miles voodoo down, inflections of Jimi Hendrix, and music that may help you with meditation, introspection, or even state alteration... This and more in this week's set!
- Ben Allison "Mondo Jazz Theme (feat. Ted Nash & Pyeng Threadgill)" 0:00
- Thomas Naim "Panama Red" On the Far Side (Rootless Blues) 0:16
- Host talks 5:10
- Stephen Ulrich "The Swell" Music from This American Life (Barbes) 7:16
- Host talks 11:10
- Rob Mazurek & Exploding Star Orchestra feat. Jeff Parker "Future Shaman" Lighting Dreamers (International Anthem) 12:58
- London Brew "Miles Chases New Voodoo in the Church" London Brew (Concord) 21:30
- Host talks 24:44
- Alessia Obino "Outshined" A Sound's a Million Shapes (Domanda) 28:34
- Phil Ranelin, Wendell Harrison, Adrian Younge, Ali Shaheed Muhammad "Metropolitan Blues" Jazz Is Dead 016 (Jazz Is Dead) 34:10
- Jasmine Myra "Horizons" Horizons (Gondwana) 39:26
- Host talks 44:45
- Oren Ambarchi "III" Shebang (Drag City) 46:46
- Hilde Marie Holsen "Opening" Walking in Circles (Stroom) 53:01
- Host talks 58:22
- Brandon Ross "Black Illumination" Of Sight and Sound (Sunnyside) 1:00:43
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Alessia Obino
Instrument: Voice / vocalsArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists