Ron Miles & Steven BernsteinBy
Click the play button to listenFrom the very talented jazz veteran Steven Bernstein with his Millenial Territory Orchestra, we start the 744th Episode of Neon Jazz. From there, we hear his hero in Duke Ellington. We listen to new music from jazz veterans like Michael Weiss, Farzin Farhadi, Eric Person and Bernie Senensky. Finally, we salute the late-great Ron Miles who we unexpectedly recently lost at the age of 58. Enjoy the jazz, my friends.
- Steven Bernstein's Millenial Territory Orchestra "Planet B" Tinctures in Time (Royal Potato Family) 00:00
- Host talks 5:10
- Duke Ellington "Flippant Flurry" At Carnegie Hall (Shellac Revival) 7:05
- Michael Weiss "Second Thoughts" Persistence (Cellar Live) 9:50
- Host talks 14:51
- Horace Silver "Blowin' The Blues Away" Blowin' The Blues Away (Blue Note) 16:00
- Farzin Farhadi Trio "Nostalgia" The Cure (Farzin Farhadi) 20:24
- Host talks 25:07
- Miles Davis "Spring is Here" Live at Carnegie Hall (Prestige) 47:00
- Host talks 50:27
- Ron Miles "Such Sweet Thunder" Sweet Thunder (Capri Records) 52:00
Post a comment
FOR THE LOVE OF JAZZAll About Jazz has been a pillar of jazz since 1995, championing it as an art form and, more importantly, supporting the musicians who create it. Our enduring commitment has made "AAJ" one of the most culturally important websites of its kind, read by hundreds of thousands of fans, musicians and industry figures every month.
WE NEED YOUR HELPTo expand our coverage even further and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help. You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky ads plus provide access to future articles for a full year. This winning combination will vastly improve your AAJ experience and allow us to vigorously build on the pioneering work we first started in 1995. So enjoy an ad-free AAJ experience and help us remain a positive beacon for jazz by making a donation today.
About Steven Bernstein
Instrument: TrumpetArticle Coverage | Calendar | Albums | Photos | Similar Artists
Radio & Podcasts Steven Bernstein Joe Dimino United States Missouri Kansas City Michael Weiss Eric Person Bernie Senensky Ron Miles Horace Silver