If you're familiar with All About Jazz, you know that we've dedicated over two decades to supporting jazz as an art form, and more importantly, the creative musicians who make it. Our enduring commitment has made All About Jazz one of the most culturally important websites of its kind in the world reaching hundreds of thousands of readers every month. However, to expand our offerings and develop new means to foster jazz discovery and connectivity we need your help.
You can become a sustaining member for a modest $20 and in return, we'll immediately hide those pesky Google ads PLUS deliver personalized content including access to future articles for a full year! This combination will not only improve your AAJ experience, it will allow us to continue to rigorously build on the great work we first started in 1995.
Here are some of the projects your dollars will help fund
- Address post-migration (to the cloud) issues (in progress);
- Implement new design at All About Jazz and Jazz Near You (in progress);
- Optimize All About Jazz and Jazz Near You (to improve page speed) (in progress);
- Community board (ongoing);
- A series of annual member polls including Top Record Labels, Fantasy Jazz Festival, Bracket Polls, Favorite Musician, Favorite Jazz Cities, and more (in progress);
- Event data aggregation (ongoing);
- Album data aggregation (ongoing);
- Jazz radio programming expansion;
- Premium Record Label promotional page service;
- Filtered content based on your personal preferences (coming soon);
- Jazz Near You partnership program;
- Worldwide Home Concert Management;
- The Jazz Near You app upgrade (v3);
- Greater coverage from around the globe;
- Weekly concert ticket giveaways;
- Amazon Alexa Skill. Ask Alexa what jazz concerts are playing near you!
Contributions helped fund the following...
- July 12: We moved All About Jazz & Jazz Near You to the cloud. More...
- June 3: Launched revamped home page. Looking good! More...
- May 31: Introduced Publisher’s Desk section on the home page. More...
- May 9: Launched Premium Venue Page Promotional Service. It's like our Premium Musician Page Service but for clubs! More...
- May 5: Improved Video of the Day Promotional Service. More...
- April 30: Implemented a series of Jazz Near You design changes to improve navigation and flow.
- April 18: Completed our first readers poll. View results from the Top 100 venues.
- April 15: Supported the National Endowment for the Arts and live streamed the NEA Jazz Masters concert. Learn more.
- February 13: Jazz Near You imports GigPress events for jazz musicians. More...
- January 29: A dozen improvements. More...
- January 24: Press Release Distribution service improvements. More...
- December 18: Premium Musician Page service upgrade. More...
- December 17: All About Jazz celebrates the NEA Jazz Masters. More...
- December 13: Village Vanguard events now available through Jazz Near You. More...
- October 1: Top 100 Jazz Venues poll. Learn more about our annual polls here.
- September 13: Jazz Industry Day 2018.
- August 21: Jazz Near You improvements: event poster support; a new festival date page; more Orlando (FL) events; and more Jazz Near You city websites.
- July 28: Preliminary work on the Europe Jazz Network event import project. View EJN member listing.
- July 25: Musician primer. Learn about the introductory guide here.
- July 5: Alternate venue names to improve matching on event feeds.
- June 23: Event aggregation expansion.
- June 14: Personal events calendar.
- April 12: Musician tags (to support concert booking);
Thank you for loving jazz. Thank you for recognizing the important work we do for jazz. And thank you for your support.
Michael Ricci and your friends at All About Jazz