Doublebass player, composer.
Born in Lębork (Gdansk), Poland; has lived since 1984 in Hamburg,
• Studied double bass under Professor Stanisław Rosiek at the Frédéric
Conservatory in Gdansk, Poland.
• For four years was a member of the National Opera and Philharmonic
Changes his musical path and becomes a jazz musician.
• 1975 – Appears with the Don Cherry Band at the Jazz Jantar Festival,
• 1980 – Wins the annual Krzysztof-Komeda Prize, Warsaw.
• 1980 – Wins first prize at Jazz nad Odrą Festival, Wrocław.
• 1980 – Appears at the Jazz Jamboree Festival, Warsaw.
• 1982/83 – Co-founds the Instrumental Theater of Gdynia (Teatr
Gdynia); completes European tour.
• 1984 – Settles in Hamburg, Germany