An insatiable musicologist with a taste for everything
I began poking at my parents' piano at age eight and haven't stopped exploring the music world since. My childhood music tutor taught me about classical, some good teenage friends shared a taste for folk and progressive rock, a guitar-obsessed boss soon gave me a listening course in blues with a side of Miles and Jaco, and it's only kept snowballing from there. I like to think I've occasionally gleaned something from digging into everything available and obsessing over it more than is probably healthy.
The Philly scene provides a great way of supporting my habit and keeping me off the streets. There are worse addictions to have, right?
- Peter Gabriel - Passion
- David Sylvian & Robert Fripp - Damage
- Marillion - Marbles
- Can - Future Days
- Miles Davis - Agharta/Pangaea
- Keith Jarrett - Sun Bear Concerts
- Jon Hassell/Brian Eno - Fourth World v.1: Possible Musics
- Warren Zevon - Warren Zevon
- Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible
- Dixie Dregs - California Screamin'
- GoGo Penguin - v2.0
- Bruce Hornsby - Spirit Trail
- King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic: The Complete Recordings