LOS ANGELES – To accompany director Clint Eastwood’s big-screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys, Rhino will release the soundtrack to this highly anticipated film, which premieres on June 20 in theaters nationwide.
Jersey Boys tells the story of Tommy DeVito, Bob Gaudio, Nick Massi, and Frankie Valli, four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic 1960s rock group The Four Seasons. The story of their trials and triumphs are accompanied by the songs that influenced a generation, including “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Walk Like a Man,” “Dawn,” “Rag Doll,” “Bye Bye Baby,” “Who Loves You,” and many more.
Relive those unforgettable songs with JERSEY BOYS: MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE AND BROADWAY MUSICAL, available June 24 for a suggested list price of $18.98 from Rhino. The album will be available digitally on the same day. Rhino also released the platinum-selling Original Broadway Cast Recording, which won the 2007 Grammy® Award for Best Musical Show Album.
While assembling the album’s 25 tracks, producer Gaudio carefully selected some of the best songs recorded by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons and intertwined them with recordings by cast members from both the film and the stage musical. The soundtrack is full of surprises and makes a perfect audio companion for both new fans discovering the quartet though the film as well as long-time followers of The Four Seasons.
The soundtrack and movie will launch a busy summer for The Four Seasons. On July 1, Rhino will release three additional projects related to the group:
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – The Classic Albums Box is an 18-disc set that includes the vast majority of the group’s albums in mini jackets with original artwork, $99.98.
- Frankie Valli – Selected Solo Works is an eight-disc set that
features many of Valli’s classic solo albums in mini jackets with original artwork, $49.98. - Audio With A G: Sounds Of A Jersey Boy, The Music Of Bob Gaudio is a two- disc collection of legendary songs written by hitmaker Gaudio, performed by The Four Seasons and other artists, $19.98.
JERSEY BOYS: MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE AND BROADWAY MUSICAL
- “December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- “My Mother’s Eyes” – Frankie Valli
- “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love” – John Lloyd Young
- “A Sunday Kind Of Love” – John Lloyd Young, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- “Moody’s Mood For Love” – John Lloyd Young
- “Cry For Me” – Erich Bergen
- “Sherry” – John Lloyd Young
- “Big Girls Don’t Cry” – John Lloyd Young
- “Walk Like A Man” – John Lloyd Young
- “My Boyfriend’s Back” – Kyli Rae
- “My Eyes Adored You” – John Lloyd Young
- “Dawn (Go Away)” – John Lloyd Young
- “Big Man In Town” – John Lloyd Young
- “Beggin” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, John Lloyd Young, Ryan Malloy
- Medley – John Lloyd Young
a. “Stay” b. “Let’s Hang On (To What We’ve Got)” c. “Opus 17 (Don’t You Worry ‘Bout Me)” d. “Bye, Bye, Baby (Baby, Goodbye)”
- “C’mon Marianne” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, John Lloyd Young
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” – John Lloyd Young
- “Working My Way Back To You” – John Lloyd Young
- “Fallen Angel” – Frankie Valli
- “Who Loves You” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, John Lloyd Young
- Closing Credits: “Sherry”/”December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” – John Lloyd
Young, Erich Bergen, Michael Lomenda, Vincent Piazza
About the movie “Jersey Boys”
- “Sherry” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- “Dawn (Go Away)” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- “Rag Doll” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
From director Clint Eastwood comes the big-screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical “Jersey Boys.”
Starring in the film, John Lloyd Young reprises his Tony Award-winning portrayal of the legendary lead singer of The Four Seasons, Frankie Valli. Erich Bergen stars as Bob Gaudio, who wrote or co-wrote all of the group’s biggest hits. Michael Lomenda and Vincent Piazza star respectively as Nick Massi and Tommy DeVito, the other two original members of The Four Seasons. Christopher Walken plays local mobster Gyp DeCarlo.
Eastwood directed “Jersey Boys” from a screenplay and musical book by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice, song music by Bob Gaudio and lyrics by Bob Crewe. The film is produced by Eastwood, Graham King and Robert Lorenz, with Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tim Moore, Tim Headington, James Packer and Brett Ratner serving as executive producers.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents a GK Films Production, a Malpaso Production, a film by Clint Eastwood, “Jersey Boys.” Opening nationwide on June 20, 2014, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
This film has been rated R for language throughout.