's fundraiser for his next album will be celebrating in the form of a fundraising concert at the Rockwood Music Hall Stage 2, 196 Allen Street, New York, New York, at 7:30 PM, on April 29, 2011. Admission TBA, there will be very special guests. The venue phone is 212-477-4155.
Unaffiliated with overpopulated crowd-funding sites, Jann is funding his new album on his own site, peoplerecordsmusic.com.
Fans can choose from over 40 exclusive items, including: download of new album: $10, Jann's favorite German recipe (hand-written) for $40, Skype video chat with Jann singing a song of your choice for $40, a music career consultation on Skype with Jann and me for $250, and Executive Producer" and Patron" credits for $10,000 and $25,000. Details of the fundraising campaign are at Jann's site, http://www.peoplerecordsmusic.com.
REVERIE recouped three times over, received airplay on over 140 radio stations, praise from the media including this Washington Post quote, Klose wins over the listener with his soaring voice, which may well be a staple of chamber pop for a long time to come." Later this year, Jann will be releasing a special REVERIE collectors edition with two extra songs from the sessions and the music video Doing Time," which was just picked up by the Restaurant Entertainment Network for screening in eateries across the U.S.A. Says acquisitions director Jonna Birgans, The video is great indeed." On March 2, 2012, Jann will be presenting a Master Class on DIY TOURING AND CAREER BUILDING at The Liverpool Institute For Performing Arts. The school was founded by Sir Paul McCartney and Mark Faetherstone-Witty, in 1996. Jann is excited to be returning to one of his favorite UK cities for his fourth UK tour, which will include a few more classes and even more shows. He will also be touring his native Germany again, where he gained representation with Nic Events late 2010.
At Liverpool Institute, Jann will his explain his approach to building and sustaining his music business on principles of dialogue, cooperation, and commerce. This cooperative attitude includes collaborations with regional and international leads in government, media, corporate, business, educational, charitable organizations, and the fans.
In the past three years Jann has shared the stage or opened for many artists: Rusted Root, Martin Harley Band, Old School Freight Train, Marshall Crenshaw, Shawn Phillips, Willy Porter, The Strawbs, Melissa Ferrick, Michael Glabicki, Antigone Rising, Elliott Murphy, Marty Stuart, Rosanne Cash, Roger McGuinn, Pete Seeger, Annie Haslam, Renaissance, and Les Paul. WGN-Chicago Radio's Steve & Johnnie, Rock Hall inductee Joey Reynolds and Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson have all personally lent a helping hand in his career. Jann is available for interviews on this new means of building, sustaining, and funding a music business. JANN KLOSE TOUR DATES
- March 11: IBS CONVENTION, New York, NY
- March 12: WDFH, Private Event, Yonkers, NY
- March 18: A JEFF BUCKLEY TRIBUTE EVENT CURATED BY GARY LUCAS @ KNITTING FACTORY, Brooklyn, NY
- April 2: NJ PROGHOUSE with Muriel Anderson at Rockn' Joes, Kendall Park, NJ
- April 29: ROCKWOOD MUSIC HALL STAGE 2, New York, NY
- May 7: LEHIGH VALLEY MUSIC CONFERENCE
- May 13: CLUB CAFE, Pittsburgh, PA
- May 17: BIRDYS with Micaela Kingslight, Indianapolis, IN
- May 19: STEVE AND JOHNNIE SHOW, WGN RADIO, Chicago, IL
- May 20: WGN MIDDAY NEWS, Chicago, IL
- May 20: SKOKIE THEATRE, with Emily Hurd, Skokie, IL
- May 21: TBA with Micaela Kingslight, Kalamazoo, MI
- June 12: STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL, Beacon, NY
- August 11: MUSIKFEST 2011, Bethlehem, PA
- March 12, 2012: MASTER CLASS, LIVERPOOL INSTITUTE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, Liverpool, UK