Ropedope Records artist Todd Clouser
and his quintet, A Love Electric, have announced their summer tour, spanning the upper midwest and east coast. The band's press release A Love Electric, on leave from touring overseas and under the border, take their genre bending, blistering neo-jazz rock (The Prague Post, June 2011)," sporting avant flourishes and grooves galore (Minneapolis Star Tribune)" to the American road for their inaugural summer tour, an east coast heavy dog days of July run designed to flip heads, make friends, and continue the band's exploration of the musical artistic medium. With Todd Clouser, Adam Meckler
, Greg Schutte
, Chris Bates
, and Mark Aanderud
- Jul 14, 2011 8:00 PM Latitude 44 Sioux Falls, SD
- Jul 15, 2011 8:00 PM Double Door Chicago, IL
- Jul 16, 2011 6:00 PM Peavey Plaza Minneapolis, MN
- Jul 20, 2011 8:00 PM Skully's Music Diner Columbus, OH
- Jul 21, 2011 8:00 PM The Crooked I Erie, PA
- Jul 22, 2011 8:00 PM Thunderbird Cafe Pittsburgh, PA
- Jul 23, 2011 8:00 PM The Space Hamden, CT
- Jul 24, 2011 8:00 PM NorthStar Bar Philadelphia, PA
- Jul 25, 2011 10:00 PM The Bitter End New York, NY
- Jul 26, 2011 11:00 PM Rockwood Music Hall New York, NY
- Jul 27, 2011 8:00 PM Freddy's Bar Backroom Brooklyn, NY
- Jul 28, 2011 8:00 PM Bridge Street Live Collinsville, CT
- Jul 29, 2011 9:00 PM The Lily Pad Cambridge, MA
- Jul 30, 2011 6:00 PM Garden Party Festival Woolwich, ME
- Aug 5, 2011 8:00 PM The Loring Theater Minneapolis, MN
- Aug 6, 2011 8:00 PM Beaner's Central Duluth, MN
- Aug 12, 2011 9:00 PM Zinco Jazz Club Mexico City, Mexico
Guest Artists include trombonist Rick Parker, drummer Andy Chatfield, and Mexico dates featuring Hernan Hecht and Aaron Cruz.
A Love Electric Press
Clouser is on the road to promote a new CD, A Love Electric," a title that says a lot about his musiche likes to turn it up and let it rip, but whatever happens after that is wide open.
No influence is excluded, and none is better than any other....The future of jazz probably has a lot of guitar in it. The music of (Julian) Lage and Clouser promises quite a bit for that future. But in their own ways, they're also delivering the goods right now." Joe Klopus, Kansas City Star
Clouser is probably best classified as a jazz guitarist, but when you listen to his music, the funk and rock keep you on your toes. And the beauty of it is all the songs have melodies that stick." Vintage Guitar Magazine
It's jazz and the blues; it's funk and old-school 70s rock; its good, damn good music. Turn it on and turn it up." Michael J. Bultman, Thewaster.com
Clouser's gambit isn't the only promising path to reclaim a vibrant audience for jazz. It is, however, one of the most rewarding." Plastic Sax Kansas City
This story appears courtesy of Calabro Music.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Calabro Music.