* Daniel Messina was born on April 9th, 1965 in José C. Paz, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
* At the age of six, he began to play drums and guitar. He learned to play drums on his own for almost ten years by playing along different records and using a book by Gene Krupa. His first teacher for about three years was Omar Belmonte. After that, he studied five year longs with Elias Chiche Heger at the Escuela Nacionál de Bater�-a y Percusión. During that time, he played in different bands like for example Apertura, Quinteto el Quartetazo or the Baden Jazz Quartett.
* He also wrote a workshop column in the music magazine El musiquero from October 1989 until June 1991.
* At the age of 26, Daniel Messina emigrated to Germany. He played there in The Real Blues Band, with Yanomani and the Pablo Vázquez Trio.
* Since 1993 Daniel Messina is a drum teacher in the drum department Stuttgart.
* An important step in his career is the co-operation with the renowned jazz Barbara Dennerlein since 1995, with whom he recorded her current duo CD Love Letters in 2001
* In 1996 he founded the Daniel Messina Band, which is a continuation of his project with own compositions and arrangements that he has already started in Argentina in 1989. In 1999 the CD Imágenes was released.
* In january 2001 Daniel Messina started with his band the concert series Jazz Edge on Saturday at Buch Julius in Stuttgart, which meanwhile has become an in-scene meeting point and which is already successfully entering upon its second year.