* Daniel Messina was born on April 9th, 1965 in José C. Paz, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
* At the age of six, he began to play drums and guitar. He learned to play drums on his own for almost ten years by playing along different records and using a book by Gene Krupa. His first teacher for about three years was Omar Belmonte. After that, he studied five year longs with Elias "Chiche" Heger at the Escuela Nacionál de Bater�-a y Percusión. During that time, he played in different bands like for example Apertura, Quinteto el Quartetazo or the Baden Jazz Quartett.
* He also wrote a workshop column in the music magazine "El musiquero" from October 1989 until June 1991.
* At the age of 26, Daniel Messina emigrated to Germany. He played there in The Real Blues Band, with Yanomani and the Pablo Vázquez Trio.
* Since 1993 Daniel Messina is a drum teacher in the drum department Stuttgart.
* An important step in his career is the co-operation with the renowned jazz Barbara Dennerlein since 1995, with whom he recorded her current duo CD "Love Letters" in 2001
* In 1996 he founded the Daniel Messina Band, which is a continuation of his project with own compositions and arrangements that he has already started in Argentina in 1989. In 1999 the CD "Imágenes" was released.
* In january 2001 Daniel Messina started with his band the concert series "Jazz Edge on Saturday" at Buch Julius in Stuttgart, which meanwhile has become an in-scene meeting point and which is already successfully entering upon its second year.
* Since the start of Jazz Network Radio in september 2001 he has directed the editorship of the latin channel and since february 2002 also the editorshipof the drummer channel, Drummer�'s Special.
* Awards1984 Prize "Parque Norte" Buenos Aires, Argentina, (with Apertura)
* 1986 1st prize T.V. "Todo Nuevo " (with Apertura)
* 1986 1st prize in the popular music competition of the Univeristy of Belgrano (with Apertura)
* 1987 1st prize Juventudes Musicales de la República Argentina (with Apertura)
* 1988 Stipendate 2nd jazz seminary Valle de las Leñas, Mendoza, Argentina
* 2000 "musician of the month", october 2000 Música en Internet, Argentina
* 2001 "musician of the month", august 2001, drumsweb, Argentinien
* 2001 "Love Letters", Barbara Dennerlein Duo, "CD of the month", august 2001, Keyboards Magazin, Deutschland
* 2003, mit Barbara Dennerlein Duo: "Jazz Eaters Award" for the best Jazz performance, Kaunas Jazz Festival, Litauen
* 2006 "musician of the day" 01.05.2006, Jazz-Kalender, Germany