Share your favorite music industry advice and win 1 of 3 copies of the updated edition of this industry bible.
For nearly two decades Don Passman's All You Need to Know About the Music Business has been regarded as an essential guide to the music industry. Nw in its 7th edition, the book covers a wide array of topics, including picking the right team, negotiating a record deal, publishing and copyrights. It also addresses current topics like digital downloading, piracy, and 360 deals, as well as:
- Copyright Royalty Board's latest decisions regarding online transmissions
- Music downloads, webcasting, streaming and podcasting
- Video streaming services
- How royalties are computed in the digital age
- Developments in deals with independent labels , including upstream deals
- The latest on royalties, advances, video budgets, and copyright laws
WIN 1 OF 3 COPIES
Passman's book is filled with practical advice for anyone navigating their way through the tricky waters of the music industry. What is the best you ever given or gotten (practical or not) about the music business? Share it in the comments below. We'll reprint the best and name the winners on Friday.Order the book.
This story appears courtesy of HypeBot.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.