A LIVE RECORDING RE-IMAGINING RANDY BRECKERʼS SEMINAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WORLD OF POPAvailable In Stores And Online September 18, 2015Randy Brecker
: Trumpet witheffects, Voice Kenny Werner
: Piano, Keys, Arrangements David Sanchez
: Tenor Saxophone Amanda Brecker
: Vocals Adam Rogers
: Guitar John Patitucci
: Bass Nate Smith
Randy Brecker turns 70 years old in November, a good reason to celebrate the soundtrack of his (and our) life. RandyPOP!
brings into fine focus Breckerʼs lasting service to pop musicʼs most noteworthy recordings, Beginning in the ʼ60s, Brecker distinguished himself as a first-call studio “cat“ who could play any music a producer or artist needed. His reputation was well-earned, considering the timeless recordings featuring his trumpet.RandyPOP!
highlights these recordings, but with a twist. Long-time associate Kenny Werner has “deranged“ the songs of James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon, Donald Fagen, et al, with an ear towards creating a new musicial canvas for Randy and his bandmates to paint on.
Captured live at the Blue Note jazz club in New York, Randy is joined by David Sanchez, Adam Rogers, John Patitucci, Nate Smith and Werner himself—with a special guest appearance by shining vocalist and daughter Amanda Brecker.
The album was produced by Kenny Werner, Randy Brecker and Jeff Levenson.Track Listing
- New Frontier, 11:49 (by Donald Fagen from Nightfly)
- Let Me Just Follow Behind, 13:09 (by 'Moogy' Klingman from Bette Midler's Songs For the New Depression)
- I Canʼt Quit Her, 12:22 (by Al Kooper from Blood Sweat and Tears' Child is Father to the Man)
- Hello, Itʼs Me, 9:41 (by Todd Rundgren from Something/Anything)
- Ghost Writer, 7:53 (by Garland Jeffreys from Ghost Writer)
- Think, 2:23 (by James Brown from Make it Funky / The Big Payback)
- Iʼve Got A Bag Of My Own, 5:29 (by James Brown from Make it Funky / The Big Payback)
- Meeting Across The River, 5:34 (by Bruce Springsteen from Born to Run)
- Late In The Evening, 9:34 (by Paul Simon from One Trick Pony)
This story appears courtesy of hubtone PR.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact hubtone PR.