1958: Attended St. Louis Institute of MusicSt. Louis, MO
1960: Graduate of U. S. Naval School of MusicWashington D.C.
1983: Attended McKendree College. Major: Computer Science, Christian Education; Lebanon, IL
1993: Attended Portland Community College
Early days in ST Louis, MO
* Performed in St. Louis area society bands playing for weddings, religious functions, and special interest groups.
* Also backed up acts such as Rosemary Clooney and Frankie Lane.
* Performed with St. Louis Jazz Quartet touring the U.S. for two years entertaining University and College students as part of the Young Audience Concerts venue.
* Toured with the Glenn Miller Orchestra: 1962
* Staff musician for local St. Louis T.V. talk shows
* Toured for nine years with the Rumors Band performing in many night-clubs across the nation.
* Staff musician for the Grand Ole OpryNashville, TN
* Staff musician for Opryland USA for two yearsNashville, TN
* Member of the Nashville Cats Band (comprised of some of Nashville’s leading studio musicians)
* Drummer for Christy Lane, Charly McLaine
* Staff drummer for Steel Guitar International Organization (backed up Buddy Emmons, Paul Franlin Jr., Doug Jernigan, Herby Wallace, and others)
* Professional mentor to Dave Weckl (at age 14), Irlene Mandrell (sister to Barbara Mandrell), Eddie Rabbit’s drummer, Tammy Wynette’s drummer, and others.