• Pianist, Multi-Instrumentalist, Vocalist, Producer and Composer STEPHAN OBERHOFF is enjoying a multi-faceted career in Los Angeles, CA. Initially, Stephan came to the US in 1991 to study Jazz at the prestiguous GROVE SCHOOL of Music in Van Nuys, California. The planned original 1-year period of musical sabbatical and break from cranking out commercials and documentary film scores, however, expanded into Stephan's -now 18 year- stay in L.A. During the earlier segment of his career in germany as a composer and producer of numerous TV commercials and Documentary film scores, he became Co-recipient of several Commercial and Documentary Awards. Below is a chronological list of Stephan's most notable projects and achievements.
• 2009 AMANDA McBROOM's new album "CHANSON" launched, featuring the music of Jacques Brel - Stephan's first theatrical music feature project!!
• 2008 Commencement of recording for AMANDA McBROOM's upcoming CD, an eclectic and unusual theatre/cabaret music CD in a contemporary soundscape!
• 2007 SURROUND SOUND PRODUCTION and MIX for 3 Feature Songs in "LAND BEFORE TIME", now in its 13th incarnation....people know this series literally around the globe..! I have been on board since series VI
• 2007 BRENDA RUSSELL CONCERT TOUR SERIES (check Date Section for Updates)
• 2006 BARRY MOSLEY "Jazz Time" Released a Beautiful and Intimate Trio Recording Produced and Engineered at FCP studios, featuring Barry Mosley (valve tb) Cliff Hugo (bs) and Stephan (piano)
• 2005-CURRENT: MELISSA MANCHESTER ONGOING U.S. Tour!!
• 2004 Extended Study of Keyboard harmony and Improvisation with (amongst others,) Prof. Dario Galante in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Founding of the INTERNATIONAL JAZZ STUDY GROUP in Ipanema, Brazil.
• 2004 BRENDA RUSSELL "Between The Sun And The Moon" Title cut co-produced with Brenda Russell....
• 2003 MELISSA MANCHESTER "When I Look Down That Road" --Album hits Top 20 in U.S. and Canada, co-produced w. Kevin DeRemer
• 2002 STEPHAN OBERHOFF "Conversations With My Father", Eclectic Contemporary Jazz record with a star-studded lineup of Guest Players released....
• 1999 BRENDA RUSSELL "Paris Rain" Production of the groundbreaking CD for Hidden Beach Rcds. w. Brenda Russell
• 1996 BRENDA RUSSELL Japan Tour ..boards (5 week tour across the nation's capital cities)
• 1995 Opening of FULL CIRCLE STUDIOS in Woodland Hills, CA, servicing clientele including BURT BACHARACH, HAL DAVID, MELISSA AMANCHESTER, PATTI AUSTIN, ROBIN LERNER, ALLAN RICH and numerous others
• 1994 DIANA ROSS "Take Me Higher" Arrangement/orchestration/synth/ engineering with Brenda Russell on the lush ballad named "Let Somebody Know"
• 1993 BRENDA RUSSELL, begins touring as keyboardist for the next 14 years, from 2001 on working as Brenda's Musical Director...Read more
Willing to teach
Intermediate to advanced
Recordings: As Leader | As Sideperson
The Song Is You
Bedtime Story - Single
Deep Water Records
CONVERSATIONS WITH MY...