Spreading his love for vocal jazz to all corners of the world
I've been playing (piano) and singing jazz for the better part of 20 years now. since the age of 18 I've been in a "jazz craze", in particular Piano jazz and Vocal Jazz. When an artist combines both of them, it's heaven for me.
My base is well rooted in Piano Jazz, being a long time follower of Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz, and an fervent admirer of Thelonious monk. I'm also very passionate about the works of Mal Waldron, Hank Jones, Barry Harris and George Shearing.
I've programmed jazz programs in various radio stations,
and now I've conceived and created "Adore Jazz - the best in vocal jazz 24x7", under the 1.FM umbrella. With my decades-long total devotion to music and (vocal and piano) jazz, my mission is to soothe my listeners' ears and intrigue my readers', with the best there was and the best there is in vocal (and piano) jazz.
My Jazz Story
I love jazz because it makes me dance inside.
I was first exposed to jazz as a teenager.
I met Mal Waldron when I was 21 y/o.
The first jazz record I bought was Porgy & Bess / Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald.
My advice to new listeners - have a friendly guide to the world of jazz, it's really big and
taking the "wrong" first steps might lead you to the wrong conclusions. Listen to
AdoreJazz.com for vocal jazz.
- Johnny Hartman & John Coltrane - Ballads
- Nat King Cole - After Midnight
- Thelonious Monk - Plays Duke Ellington
- Carmen McRae & Betty Carter - the Duets
- Ernestine Anderson & George Shearing - A Perfect Match
- Carmen McRae - Carmen Sings Monk
- Carmen McRae & Marian McPartland - Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz with Carmen McRae
- George Shearing - Reflections
- Nancy Wilson & George Shearing - The swing's mutual!
- Susannah McCorkle - Most Requested Songs
- Susannah McCorkle - How do you Keep the Music Playing?
- Ella Fitzgerald & Joe Pass - Ella & Pass ... Again