• Born in Wiltshire and native of the Westcountry until September 1998.
• Classically trained in piano, oboe and double bass.
• Left school at 15 after being hospitalised with a serious illness.
• Only played double bass for one year at school and on leaving, took up rock bass guitar instead.
• Studied Film at Middlesex University from 1998 �" 2001.
• Joined rock band Sodium65 in 1999 and cut her teeth on live performances at prestigious venues including the Hard Rock Café on Piccadilly, Sound Republic in Leicester Square, The Water Rats in Kings Cross and The Garage in Highbury. Air-play on London’s XFM and BBC Radio followed the release of their debut EP “Don’t You Dare”.
• At age 28 attended a Michael Garrick Jazz Academy Course, fell in love with the jazz double bass and two months later bought her first upright.
• Partly self-taught, attended jam sessions and played with many top musicians including Brandon Allen, Gene Calderazzo, Ingrid Laubrock, Julian Siegel, Phil Robson, Hans Koller and Liam Noble.
• Has since played with Tony Kofi, Chris Allard, Mike Garrick, Quentin Collins, Kevin Davy and Henry Lowther in venues including the Vortex Jazz Club, Pizza Express Jazz Club in Soho and the Manchester Jazz Festival.
• Attended Guildhall School of Music post-grad jazz course from 2007 �" 2008.
• Put her quartet together in 2009 and recorded their first album, Picture from Jitske in July 2009.
• Previous jobs whilst sustaining her musical interests have included cinema manager, broadcast TV journalist and Transport for London. Turned down a job at the BBC in 2001. Nearly joined the British Army as an officer in 2002. Qualified as a secondary music teacher in July 2010.
• Has studied double bass in London with Paul Moylan, Jeff Clyne, Steve Watts and Michael Janisch.
Mark Bass Mini Mark amplifier
Polytone Mega Brute amplifier
Vester Jazz Electric Bass Guitar
Acoustic Bass - mongrel breed
Yamaha SLB 200 Silent Bass