Willing to teach
Intermediate to advanced
Ludmil Krumov who holds Master of Music degree from CODARTS University of the Arts Rotterdam in Jazz Guitar
Performance and Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Guitar Performance from Prins Claus Conservatorium Groningen
has been teaching guitar technique, general and jazz theory actively since 2000. His teaching credits include private
lessons, conservatory classes and clinics at Texas State University (San Marcos, USA), Orange County School of Arts
(Orange County, Los Angeles, USA), Los Angeles City College (Los Angeles, USA), CODARTS (Rotterdam, NL), Prins
Claus Conservatorium (Groningen, NL), Delft University (Delft, NL), Academy of Music Dance and Fine Arts (Plovdiv,
Ludmil’s areas of teaching expertise include:
– General jazz theory and harmony: chord scale theory, scales and modes, chord tones, approach tones, tensions,
triads, seventh chords, chord progressions and cadences, modulations etc.
– Ensemble coaching: playing in a group, instruments – functions and roles, comping, interaction, timing etc.
– Improvisational and compositional concepts: motivic development, free playing, patterns, swing, bebop and modern
jazz improvisation, variations etc.
BULGARIAN FOLK MUSIC
– Bulgarian folk music: melodic basics of the Bulgarian folk improvisation, the concept of the movable scale degrees,
ornamentation, accents and typical phrasing.
– Odd meter rhythm phrasing: specialization in traditional Bulgarian odd meter dance grooves
(5/8,7/8,9/8,11/8,13/8,15/8, mixed meters, composition); counting and feeling the dance grooves, typical rhythmic
development and phrasing.
– Incorporation and application of Bulgarian folk music elements in jazz context (poly-rhythmic phrasing, melodic
– Guitar technique: sound production, right hand picking techniques, left hand technique, speed and accuracy
development, hands coordination, freedom of movement on the fingerboard (single string horizontal playing, vertical
position playing, diagonal playing), etc.
Along with performing and teaching, Ludmil is working on an ongoing research in the fields of musicology and