Ken Hohman is a veteran jazz writer and jazz DJ based out of Richmond, Virginia. His latest book Paperboy Days is available at Amazon.
For nine years, I've been the host of the Freedom Jazz Dance show over both the FM airwaves and online. I've been a contributor to All About Jazz since, well, I can't rightly remember. I recently launched an all-new online jazz webmag and interactive show at my Freedom Jazz Dance site that features music reviews, exclusive jazz content and dusty gems from my personal jazz archive. Over the years my music writing has been published in Jazz Improv, Living Blues, Amazon.com and other media that only people who are obsessed with music read. I'm a compulsive record collector and own a personal archive of over 6000 recordings, including vinyl and rare 78s. I believe that even on his worst days Art Pepper still played the best alto in jazz. In real life I work in advertising.
- Art Pepper - More For Les, Live at the Village Vanguard
- Dodo Marmarosa - The Complete Dial Recordings
- Wayne Shorter - Adam's Apple
- Billie Holiday - Billie's Best on Verve
- Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
- Joshua Redman - Wish
- Fats Navarro and Tadd Dameron - The Complete Blue Note Recordings
- Robert Mazurek and The Chicago Underground Orchestra - Playground
- Dexter Gordon - Doin' Allright
- John Coltrane - Coltrane's Sound