Join the StaffDear friends,
If you have a strong interest in jazz with some free time, consider joining the All About Jazz staff. It's an opportunity to establish your voice as part of our shared mission while taking advantage of some great networking opportunities to meet knowledgeable writers, editors, techies, musicians, industry pros, visual artists and active supporters of the music from around the globe.
Many of our staff members have been with us since 1995. They've supported the music and have been continually rewarded for their efforts as we've grown to become the most read and most influential jazz website in the world.
We're always looking for folks who share our passion for jazz, and we invite you to join us on our journey to support the music, spread the good word, and have fun in the process.
Coverage, positions, content
- Live concert coverage;
- Interviews & Profiles;
- Album, DVD, film, and book reviews;
- Musician page administrators;
- Jazz Near You administrators;
- Upload photos, illustrations and paintings;
- Archive papers, book excerpts and previously published material.
In Return...We greatly appreciate our staff's efforts and we work with them to secure music and other promotional materials including books, access to film premieres and DVDs, press credentials to events, and secure paid writing assignments. Not to mention, you'll join an eclectic, talented and connected team of writers and editors, and while gaining access to the largest jazz readership on the planet. As writer/contributor Richard Salvucci put it, "My Doug Mettome article would have been read by 16 people at my blog. At AAJ, it was read over 4,000 times in two weeks!"
- Read our submission / editorial guidelines and if we're a good fit for you...
- Share a few writing samples along with your particular interests (i.e. styles of jazz you enjoy most, proposed column concept, etc.);
- If you're a good fit for AAJ, update your member page with photo, one sentence bio, expanded bio and favorite music styles;
- Once completed, we'll upgrade your status to contributor so you can access the article submission form.
Founder, All About Jazz and Jazz Near You