Results for "Contemporary Jazz; European Jazz; Post Bop"
Results for pages tagged "Contemporary Jazz; European Jazz; Post Bop"...
Tim Bruer is a Sydney based pianist and composer. He performs regularly around the Sydney area, playing solo piano, and with various bands. He also teaches piano and a number of other subjects at The Australian Institute of Music.
Over a career spanning more than 40 years, Tim has performed with many of Australia’s finest musicians including James Morrison, Dale Barlow Jackie Orzarsky, Carl Orr, Steve Hunter, and Elana Stone. He holds both a Bachelor of Music and a Masters of Music degree in jazz performance, and has studied extensively with Mike Nock. Tim has also been featured on a number of recordings by artists such as The Acca Daiquiris, Guy LeClaire, Max Sharam and Hammerhead, and 2007 saw the release of his first CD under his own name. “The Tim Bruer Quartet” finds him collaborating with some of his favourite players, and reflects his many years of playing jazz, funk and r&b
- 1980-85 - Support gigs for Joe Henderson, Freddie Hubbard and Johnny Griffin; performed with Don Burrows and James Morrison at Adelaide Festival Theatre; toured with Adelaide University Big Band and performed at Manly jazz festival. Graduated with Bachelor of Music degree from Adelaide University.
- 1985-91 – Finalist in the inaugural Wangaratta jazz award; fronted own bands at Soup Plus; toured with Jive band "The Anthill Mob" and appeared on many TV shows.
- 1992-96 - Arranger /pianist for Nielsen Gough; supported Ronnie Jordan; featured on Max Sharam's top ten single "Be Firm"; recorded with Guy LeClaire; Musical Director/pianist for Delilah.
- 1997-2002 - recorded in London with Gene Calderazzo; recorded at Hillcrest Coachman jazz festival with Kate Swadling.
- 2002-2007 - graduated with Masters Degree from Sydney Conservatorium of Music; released self titled CD.