Semi-retired golf course superintendent currently playing bass and listening to music.
Formerly from Pennsylvania where I achieved Turfgrass Management degree from Penn State and studied music at Clarion College. Currently residing in Indiana and gigging in the Indianapolis area.
My Jazz Story
I love jazz because it moves me.
I was first exposed to jazz through jr. high assembly featuring a jazz
band (don't even remember group name)funded by an arts grant.
I met Joe Farrell once back in 1980.
The best show I ever attended was 1978 Count Baie Big Band
My advice to new listeners...keep listening / listen to everything
- Wes Montgomery-The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery
- Wes Montgomery-Smokin' at the Half-note
- Ahmad Jamal-At the Pershing(But Not for Me)
- Kenny Clarke/Cannonball Adderly-Bohemia After Dark
- Cannonball Adderly-Cannonball and Coltrane
- Gary Burton-Departure
- Bob Mintzer Big Band-Art of the Big Band