Rick is host of Jazz Junction on KIOS-FM, Omaha, NE
Born and raised in Philadelphia, PA, I had the advantage of exposure to jazz music through my father's influence and stations such as WHAT and WDAS where DJs Sid Mark, Joel Dorn and Del Shields would provide wonderful programming. When a bit older, one could take advantage of a fairly lively jazz club scene in Philly - places such as Pep's and The Showboat where you could hear great music.
I'm a railroader by vocation that has led me from Pennsylvania to Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska. Since 1985 I have aired jazz on public radio - from Laramie, WY on KUWR-FM and, for the past 17 years, in Omaha,NE on KIOS-FM. It's a great way to keep one's ear tuned into the music and to share a passion for jazz.
- Miles Davis - '58 Sessions
- Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder
- Joe Henderson - Our Thing
- Bill Evans - Sunday At The Village Vanguard
- Stan Getz - Sweet Rain
- Jackie McLean - Jackie's Bag
- Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Bright Moments
- Pat Martino - El Hombre
- Horace Silver - Silver's Seranade