Antonio J. del Palacio
ENT surgeon loves music and specially jazz since childhood. Nowadays has an internet radio show at Mod Radio UK.
I was born in Madrid (Spain) in 1964, moved at 11 to Tarragona and six years later to Barcelona to study Medicine. I played guitar with some friends in their rock-blues band. The adventure only lasted a few months, since it's not easy to combine becoming a MD with rehearsals and playing late nights at clubs. After becoming a doctor I moved back to Madrid to become an ear, nose and throat specialist, which is still today main occupation. I still live in Madrid and I spend most of my leisure time listening to music -mainly jazz-, playing guitar for myself as no one else will listen, and planning the music I'll play at the Jazz Sessions.
I never thought I would enjoy having my own radio show as much as I do. It is one of the most rewarding and fun experiences I have ever had. It has injected my passion for music with new strenghths to become something I want to share with others.
- Art Blakey - Moanin'
- Julian "Cannonball" Adderley - Things are gettin' better
- Miles Davis - Bagsgroove
- Oscar Peterson - Exclusively for my friends (the whole set)
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella & Louis
- Eva Cassidy - Live at the Blues Alley
- Kenny Barron - Live at Bradley's
- Duke Ellington - Fargo
- Ben Webster - Soulville
- Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby
- Dire Straits - Communiqué
- LV Beethoven - 9th Symphony - Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - HV Karajan (1963 DG)
- P.I. Tchaikovsky - 4th, 5th and 6th Symphonies - Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra - Mravinsky
- J.S. Bach - Suites for cello solo - Janos Starker
- Supertramp - Crime of the Century
- Led Zeppelin - 1st album