The stone that the builder refused shall be the head cornerstone
Ian Anthony is a songwriter and self-taught musician. He plays a number of instruments,
the chief one being bass guitar. He also plays steel drums (bass), maracas, and irons, a
percussive instrument used in steelband orchestras.
The Caribbean-American national currently residing in
New York is the founder of IR Music Publishing and All Inclusive Records.
He plays and/or composes instrumentals, jazz, blues, bossa nova, calypso, new age and
pop music of all varieties.
Ian takes pride in stating he has no formal musical training. His attempts to understand
theory came, to paraphrase him, at his own leisure and at no formal institution.
- Ralph Sutton and Jay McShann - Last of the Whorehouse Piano Players
- Nina Simone - Nina Simone's Finest Hour, Pastel Blues, High Priestess of Soul, Wild Is The Wind and Let It All Out
- Mose Allison - The Best of Mose Allison
- Unknown Artists - Kaiso
- Lord Kitchener - Klassic Kitchener #2, Klassic Kitchener #3
- Sonny Clark - Sonny Clark Trio
- Ray Charles - Anthology
- Pink Martini - Hang on Little Tomato, Sympathique and Hey Eugene
- Lambert Hendricks and Ross - Everybody's Boppin
- Joao Gilberto - Joao Gilberto
- Nat Adderley - Work Song
- Sarah Vaughn - Copacabana
- Billie Holiday - The Complete Decca Recordings
- Antonio Carlos Jobim - Antonio Carlos Jobim's Finest Hour