I have a passionate love of fusion.
I was first exposed to the amazingly diverse world of jazz through my father and brother, growing up hearing Chick Corea's Return to Forever, Jean Luc Ponty, Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley, Dave Brubeck and Weather Report, amongst many others. None of this hit me until the age of eighteen, when in college I saw and met Allan Holdsworth and Gary Husband for the first time. That one concert experience turned my musical brain upside-down and singlehandedly spawned my passionate love of fusion. I now reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I have access to Yoshis, one of the world's premiere jazz houses, as well as other great venues.
- Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Earthworks Underground Orchestra
- Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Random Acts of Happiness
- Allan Holdsworth - Atavachron
- Allan Holdsworth - Sand
- Allan Holdsworth - Secrets
- Steve Topping - Time and Distance
- Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Heavenly Bodies
- John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Paco DeLucia: Passion, Grace & Fire