Growing up in Brooklyn, NY, I was fortunate to have daily access to great radio programing.
I remember listening to my transistor radio at night, in bed, trying to stay awake until Symphony Sid would play My Favorite Things by John Coltrane, after which, I would go to sleep. I had to go to school that day.
Not a writer per se, but I know/feel good..., or know feelgood music.
- Too many to list but:
- Duke Ellington - Ellington at Newport
- Charlie Mingus - A Modern Jazz Symposium of Music and Poetry.
- Miles Davis/Gil Evans - Miles+19 Miles Ahead
- Cannonball Adderly - Somethin' Else
- Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin
- Joe Williams - A Man Ain't Supposed to Cry