Jochem van Dijk
In the 19th century he was a leading theologian living under the clock tower of his hometown Aarhus, Denmark
Last year I moved to New York, after having spent most of my life in the World's Biggest Village, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Basically I graduated as an musicologist, because at the time I was too scared too apply at a conservatory. After several years of various playing, composing and teaching assignments in the music field (not to mention stints in software programming and sitebuilding), I seem these days to be steering back onto my original track, ethnomusicology.
- Sonny Rollins/Live at the Village Vanguard I&II
- Charles Ives/3rd Symphony
- John Coltrane/Live in Europe
- Curtis Mayfield/Curtis Live!
- Hector Berlioz/Romeo et Juliet
- Charles Mingus/Ah Um
- Blind Willie Johnson/Dark was the night
- Jackie McLean/One step beyond
- Herbie Nichols/The complete blue note recordings
- Reverend Gary Davies/If I had my way
- Olivier Messiaen/L'ascension
- Jimi Hendrix/BBC Sessions
- Edgar Varese/Deserts