Seeker of fascinating sonic enviroments and semi-literate scribe.
For as long as I can remember music has been one of the central hubs around which my life has revolved. After spending 12 years in public radio at KAZU in Monterey & KALX in Berkeley, I resolved to begin writing about music, good & bad, instead of just spinning it. I'm a regular contributor to the online magazines JamBase.com, Ebong.org, Crazewire.com and now AAJ. I strive to be truthful and maybe a touch poetic. Those simple ideas are my guiding principles, along with a few more I picked up from my northstar, Lester Bangs (which cliche as it may seem to cite him, he truly is all that and a king size bag o' chips). I'm delighted that anyone reads my stuff and only hope that what I do helps enrich a few folk's listening experience from time to time.
- Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky
- Can - Tago Mago
- Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
- Pharoah Sanders - Thembi
- Michael Nesmith & The First National Band - Complete Works
- Funkadelic - Music For Your Mother: The Singles Collection
- Derek & The Dominoes - Layla and other assorted love songs
- Black Crowes - Southern Harmony & Musical Companion
- Fred Neil - The Many Sides Of Fred Neil
- Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets
- Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks