Jazz & Blues Copyright Advocate and Music Publisher
My Jazz Story
Daughter of AMERICAN JAZZ and N.A.R.A.S. Hall of Famer: EDDIE DURHAM, Sr.
pioneer of Amplified Guitar, pioneer of "non-pressure performance technique" for
brass, Arranger of IN THE MOOD, creator of Swing Music, composer of TOPSY, I
DON'T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE, SWINGIN THE BLUES, BLUES IN THE
GROOVE, many more... (youtubes). "Of the major groups active during the Swing
Era, only the orchestras of Duke Ellington and Earl Hines were unaffected directly
by the talents of Eddie Durham." Professor Dave Oliphant
Former Board Member of seminal, grassroots organization AmSong, Inc. who
spearheaded the SONNY BONO COPYRIGHT TERM EXTENSION ACT (1996) - signed
by former President William Clinton. This Act expands by 20 years, the term of
ALL copyrights before they go into public domaine. AmSong, Inc. Board Members
included Hoagy Bix Carmichael, Mary Rodgers, James Hammerstein, Jack
Lawrence, Thelonious Monk, Jr., Jamie Bernstein, Edwina (W.C.) Handy, Michael
Strunsky, David Lahm (for Dorothy Fields), and Elizabeth Peters, all under the
counsel & direction of Lisa Alter, Esq.
-Member and former Board Member of The International Women In Jazz (IWJ).
-Member of The Harlem Swing Dance Society.
-President of Swingin the Blues! Durham Music Publishing, Inc.
-Principle of StratosphericTalent
Created & maintain websites:
- Michael Powers - Revolutionary Boogie
- Michael Powers - Prodigal Son
- Eddie Durham - Blue Bone
- Sarah McLawler - Under My Hat
- Michael Powers - Onyx Root
- Michael Powers - Bluesiana Breeze
- Cameo - Cardiac Arrest
- Cameo - Ugly Ego
- Cameo - We All Know Who We Are
- Teena Marie - Greatest Hits
- Aretha Franklin - Greatest Hits
- Pointer Sisters - Greatest Hits
- Michael Jackson - Greatest Hits
- Nina Simone - Greatest Hits
- Phoebe Snow - Greatest Hits
- Rachelle Farrell - Rachelle Farrell