Ronald S. Russ
Ron has been travelling the spaceways for over 28 years. Sometimes he takes the time to write about it.
I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. My father introduced me to jazz when I was about 10. I came across some of his old albums like Moanin' by Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers. The photo on the front made an impression on me, enough so, that I would check it out and other albums that he had. Who knew that I would spend the next 28 years involved with this music. In college, I spent time as a jazz DJ, was involved in concert production, and wrote some features for the college newspaper. Since 1994, I've been writing jazz book reviews for Library Journal. I've been based in Little Rock, AR since 1996.
- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
- Sun Ra - Space Is The Place
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
- Billy Bang - Rainbow Gladiator
- Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
- Pharoah Sanders - Live
- Jimmy Smith - Cool Blues
- George Russell - 80th Birthday Concert
- Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Bright Moments