Todd Clouser Announces Midwest Tour As Momentum Builds For New Record, A LOVE ELECTRIC out February 15 on ROPEADOPE
Listen to Todd Clouser's rendition of Harry Nilsson's One"
Listen to Todd Clouser's original Autumn City Portrait" featuring Steven Bernstein
Minneapolis-by-way-of-Baja, Mexico-based guitarist Todd Clouser and his collective, A Love Electric, will take their energy-driven jazz rock on the road beginning February 18 in Minneapolis for a 15-date tour spanning the Mid and Mountain West. Celebrating the February 15 release of Todd Clouser's A Love Electric on indie jazz tastemaker label, Ropeadope, the band will be performing material off of the new album, as well as, arrangements of classics ranging from The Who to Dusty Springfield to Thelonious Monk. The tour will hit several celebrated jazz venues, including Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey bassist Jeff Harshbarger's acclaimed Jazz Series at The Record Bar in Kansas City, Dazzle in Denver, a hometown record release party at The Red Stag Supper Club in Minneapolis, plus several theaters and a host of creative music venues along the way.
Todd Clouser's A Love Electric is an intuitive blend of 70's rock, Curtis Mayfield funk, and modern jazz, including eleven original compositions and two covers: Harry Nilsson's One" and Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah." Legendary Downtown" New York City trumpeter, Steven Bernstein
(Levon Helm, Lou Reed, Sexmob) is also featured prominently throughout the recording.
Todd Clouser is hitting the road with momentum after a U.S. tour this past December garnered acclaim from press outlets and a growing fan-base. The Minneapolis Star Tribune wrote: Sporting avant flourishes and grooves galore...A Love Electric liberally mixes jazz, funk and rock with compelling results." The Badger- Herald (Madison, WI) praised Clouser as [bringing] new and compelling energy to jazz rock."
- February 18 | Red Stag Supper Club | Minneapolis, MN
- February 19 | Vaudeville Mews | Des Moines, IA
- February 20 | The Record Bar | Kansas City, MO
- February 21 | The Berlin Theater | Columbia, MO
- February 22 | LOLA | St. Louis, MO
- February 24| The Clawfoot House | Lincoln, NE
- February 25 | Soundpony | Tulsa, OK
- February 26 | KTAOS Solar Center | Taos, NM
- March 1 | D Note | Arvada, CO
- March 2 | Dazzle Jazz Club | Denver, CO
- March 4 | The Laughing Goat | Boulder, CO
- March 5 | Touch of Europe | Sioux Falls, SD
- March 10 | The Frequency | Madison, WI
- March 11 | Outer Edge Stage | Appleton, WI
- March 12 | Sugar Maple | Milwaukee, WI
This story appears courtesy of Calabro Music.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Calabro Music.