7 Virtual Jazz Club is proud to announce the winners of the Web Community Prize and the
finalists of the 9th edition of the global contest.
The Web Community Prize (direct access to the final) has been awarded to the Polish group Quietet for the Under 25’s Category which presented the song Scand
and to the Greek musician Thomas Mitrousis for the Pros & Amateurs’ Category which presented the song Fax from Fux."
Finalists selected by the judges (in alphabetical order):
Amateurs & Pros’ Category
- Anthony Fung Quartet (USA) The Kicker"
- Benny Benack III (USA) Catching Drift"
- Chamber Jazz Consort (Netherlands) Divertimento"
- Dialgo (Israel) Mama and Papa"
- George Nabil (Egypt) Road to Eternity"
- Ingi Bjarni Quintet (Iceland) Bjögun á dögun"
- Jonathan Salvi Arugula Sextet (Switzerland) Wanderig"
- NoSax NoClar (France) Kahmsïn"
- Marcos Collado – POE (Spain) The river"
- Nils Kugelmann Trio (Germany) Symphony for the Rain"
- Shuteen Erdenebaatar Quartet (Germany) Ups and Downs"
- Silvan Joray Trio (Switzerland) Something Ahead"
Under 25 Students’ Category
- Adam Lamoureux Quartet (Canada) The Path to Equanimity"
- Albin Ormegard trio (Sweden) Blues on the corner"
- David Luca Trio (Romania) Caravan"
- Jay Obreke's Quartet (Spain) Giant steps"
- Joe Block Trio (USA) We see"
- Khalid Razick (USA) A mother's lullaby"
- Milan Verbist Trio (Belgium) Thinking About Tomorrow"
- Schemes (Norway) Rivers"
- Simon Mogul Group (USA) Succumb to the Will of the Universe"
- We Take Requests Trio (Norway) Almost Like Being In Love"
The International Jury is working to choose the winners to be announced during a video call, which will be streaming live on the official website on September 17th at 9.30 PM (CET).
The call for entries for the 10th edition will open on October, including new website, new sponsors and new prizes.