Every Sunday, from September to December, we will see a new series of concerts in two Warsaw venues—BARdzo Bardzo and Jassmine. As part of the JAZZ PO POLSKU project, 25 performances will be recorded with the participation of the audience and released in China and Korea. The series begins on the first weekend of September with concerts by Stanisław Słowiński Quintet, Imagination Quartet and Jakub Mizeracki Trio.
As part of the JAZZ PO POLSKU project Live Session for China and Korea 2022" we will hear live bands such as Tomasz Chyła Quintet, Joanna Duda Trio, Marcin Kociński Trio, Mateusz Smoczyński Trio, Marcin Pater Trio, Gniewomir Tomczyk Quartet and Piotr Schmidt Electric. There will also be performances by the winners of the latest editions of the Cracow Jazz Juniors Festival: Franek Pospieszalski Trio, JAH Trio and Unleashed Cooperation. The series will end with a concert by the big band, Warsaw Improvisers Orchestra, conducted by the British saxophonist Ray Dickaty. All concerts will be recorded in audio and video format, digitally released in China and Korea, and also broadcast on Saturday nights by Radio Nowy Świat. The series will take place on Sunday evenings from the beginning of September to the end of December in BARdzo Bardzo club on Nowogrodzka 11 and Jassmine on Wilcza 73 in Warsaw.
The concerts registered as part of the project will be released on Asian streaming platforms, mostly unknown and not available in Europe. They include, among others, Chinese QQ Music, Net Easy Music, Ximalaya FM and Korean: Melon, Bugs, and VIBE. The aim of Live Sessions is to maintain the interest in Polish jazz on the largest and most interesting music market in the World and to propose new, alternative tools for promoting Polish culture in an endless lockdown. It is jazz, right after the works of Polish classics and writers, that is the most recognizable Polish cultural brand in Asia," says Jakub Krzeszowski, the founder of JAZZ PO POLSKU.
The goal of JAZZ PO POLSKU is to promote Polish jazz abroad, and its main market is Asia, where over 300 events have already taken place. Polish musicians have mainly visited China and Korea, but also further parts of Asia—Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Mongolia and Vietnam. As part of a bilateral cooperation, performances by Asian bands take place also in Poland. All concert initiatives abroad have been postponed. It does not mean, however, that our activities will be suspended. We are developing new forms of presence on Asian markets that do not require international travels. An example of such a project is Live Sessions, thanks to which Polish jazz will be more accessible to Asian audiences. As a result, a dedicated collection of recordings will be created, which will be released digitally on local streaming networks. Almost a hundred artists will take part in the recordings, both those who have personally visited Asia and those who did not make it due to the pandemic," adds Krzeszowski.
The JAZZ PO POLSKU project Live Sessions for China and Korean 2022" is organized by the JAZZ PO POLSKU Foundation and co-financed by the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sports under the „Culture Promotion Fund" program. The performances are organized under the honorary auspice of the President of Warsaw, Rafał Trzaskowski, the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Seul, the General Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Guangzhou, the General Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Shanghai, Pomorskie Office in China. The partners of the project are Polish Institute in Beijing, the Institute of Economic Diplomacy Foundation, the BARdzo Bardzo Foundation, Jazz Session, Jassmine. Sponsored by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego. The logistic partner is Volvo Car Poland. Media patrons are Radio Nowy Świat, Jazz Forum Magazine, China24.com.pl, Radio Jazz Polsku.
The Schedule Of The Jazz Po Polsku: Live Sessons For China And Korea 2022
BARDZO BARDZO ul. Nowogrodzka 11, Warsaw
- 02.09 20:00 Stanisław Słowiński Quintet Stanisław Słowiński: violin, Zbyszek Szwajdych: trumpet, Franciszek Raczkowski: piano, Paweł Stachowiak: bass, Dawid Fortuna: drums.
- 03.09 20:00 Imagination Quartet Michał Sołtan: guitar/vocal, Jarosław Bothur: alto sax, Dariusz Świtalski: bass, Maciej Dziedzic: drums.
- 04.0920:00Schmidt Electric feat. Jakub Mizeracki Piotr Schmidt: trumpet, Jakub Mizeracki: guitar, Kajetan Borowski: keyboard/synthesizer, Michał Kapczuk: bass, Gniewomir Tomczyk: drums.
- 25.09 20:00 Hot God Joanna Duda: synthesizer, Marek Pospieszalski: sax, Qba Janicki: drums
- 02.10 20:00 Ignacy Wiśniewski Trio Ignacy Wiśniewski: piano, Adam Żuchowski: double bass, Paweł Osicki: drums.
- 30.10 20:30 G-Squad Aga Derlak: piano, Krzysztof Piłatyk: sax, Wojciech Doleżyczek: guitar, Grzegorz Bieżanek: bass, Gniewomir Tomczyk: drums.
- 02.11 20:00 Light Star Guiding Ray Dickaty: sax, Mikołaj Poncyljusz: guitar, Mateusz Woźniak: double bass, Dominik Mokrzewski: drums.
- 06.11 20:00 Marcin Pater Trio Marcin Pater: vibraphone, Mateusz Szewczyk: double bass, Adam Wajdzik: drums.
- 11.11 20:00 Aga Derlak Trio Aga Derlak: piano, Michał Kapczuk: double bass, Szymon Madej: drums.
- 13.11 20:00 Warsaw Improvisers Orchestra Ray Dickaty: conduction / sax , Piotr Mełech: clarinet, Jan Malkowski: alto sax, Olgierd Dokalski: trumpet, Marcin Gokieli: voice, Gosia Wrzosek: voice, Veranika Los: voice, John Cornell: cello, Wojtek Więckowski: guitar, Łukasz Kacperczyk: synthesizer, Wojtek Traczyk: double bass, Dominik “Dodas” Mokrzewski: drums.
- 11.12 20:00 Franek Pospieszalski Trio Franciszek Raczkowski: piano, Franciszek Pospieszalski: double bass, Bartosz Szablowski: drums.
- 26.12 20:00 House Band BARdzo Bardzo
* concerts in BARdzo Bardzo are organized in cooperation with Jazz Session Series by Gniewomira Tomczyka; before every concert, there will be an interview with the Artist.
JASSMINE ul. Wilcza 73, Warsaw 11.09 20:30 Tomasz Chyła Quintet Tomasz Chyła: violin, Emil Miszk: trumpet, Krzysztof Hadrych: guitar, Konrad Żołnierek: double bass, Sławek Koryzno: drums. 18.09 20:30 Kuba Kotowicz Quartet Kuba Kotowicz: vibraphone, Tomasz Sołtys: piano, Tymon Trąbczyński: double bass, Sebastian Kuchczyński: drums. 09.10 20:30 The Flash Sławek Pezda: sax, Kuba Dwo.rak: bass, Max Olszewski: drums / 22:00 Jakub Mizeracki Trio Jakub Mizeracki: guitar, Alan Wykpisz: bass, Max Olszewski: drums. 23.10 20:30 Piotr Budniak Essential Group Wojciech Lichtański: sax, Kajetan Borowski: piano, Piotr Narajowski: double bass, Piotr Budniak: drums / 22:00 Miłosz Oleniecki Trio Miłosz Oleniecki: piano, Paweł Zwierzyński-Pióro: double bass, Rafał Dutkiewicz: drums 20.11 20:30HoTS Mikołaj Poncyljusz: guitar, Radosław Nowak: trumpet, Bartosz Tkacz: sax, Adam Prokopowicz: double bass, Dawid Opaliński: drums / 22:00 Rafał Sarnecki Quintet Dawid Tokłowicz: alto sax, Piotr Wyleżoł: piano, Rafał Sarnecki: guitar, Wojtek Pulcyn: double bass, Patryk Dobosz: drums. 27.11 20:30 Piotrowski/Smoczyński/Gradziuk/Tomczyk : Grzech Piotrowski: sax, Mateusz Smoczyński: violin, Krzysztof Gradziuk: drums, Gniewomir Tomczyk: drums/electronics / 22:00Confusion Project Michał Ciesielski: piano, Piotr Gierszewski: bass, Andrzej Golicki: drums. 04.12 20:30 JAH Trio Jan Jarecki: piano, Michał Aftyka: double bass, Marcin Sojka: drums / 22:00 Unleashed Cooperation Krzysztof Kuśmierek: sax, Patryk Rynkiewicz: trumpet, Patryk Matwiejczuk: piano, Flavio Gullotta: double bass, Stanisław Aleksandrowicz: drums. 18.12 20:30 Gniewomir Tomczyk „Perpetus” Mateusz Smoczyński: violin, Paweł Kaczmarczyk: piano, Andrzej Karałow: piano, Krzysztof Lenczowski: cello, Gniewomir Tomczyk: drums/electronics.