Published since 2011
David is a pianist, composer, arranger, and producer who celebrates and plays jazz in many flavors
1) It's old and outdated music;
2) It's way too dissonant and too far outside the normal harmonic box;
3) It's insider musical language that only other jazz musicians can understand;
4) It's boring, with 10 minute solos featuring musicians playing strange sounding scales;
5) It's music played by a bunch of artsy weirdos and drug addicts; you have to be using drugs/alcohol to really appreciate it.
Noun: inharmonious or harsh sound; discord; cacophony.
a. a simultaneous combination of tones conventionally accepted as being in a state of unrest and needing completion.
b. an unresolved, discordant chord or interval. Related words for dissonance are: disagreement, dissension, noise, racket.
One moment, you will be redirected shortly.