You can become a part of the All About Jazz
and Jazz Near You
ecosystem by joining
a growing corps of volunteers that celebrate jazz music on an international stage every day
. Establish your voice as part of the shared mission and take advantage of a great networking opportunity to meet knowledgeable writers, editors, techies, musicians, industry pros, visual artists and active supporters of the music from around the globe.
Many of our staff members
have been with us since we launched AAJ nearly 20 years ago. They've supported the music and have been continually rewarded for their efforts as we've grown to become the most read and most influential jazz website in the world.
With reinvention and expansion in mind, we invite you to join us
on our journey to support the music, spread the word, and have fun.
engage in a variety of work, such as:
Written material is always appreciated!
- Reporting on live events from emerging and iconic venues and festivals;
- Interviewing artists;
- Reviewing albums, tracks, DVDs, films, and books;
- Raising the awareness of Jazz Near You to better serve local jazz communities;
- Editing articles;
- Mining and validating data;
- Vetting and approving various forms of content (audio, video, photos, etc.);
- Participating on advisory teams to help shape the future direction of the website.
We greatly appreciate our staff's efforts and we work with them to secure music and other promotional materials like books and DVDs, receive press credentials to events, and secure paid writing assignments. In addition, you'll join an eclectic and talented team of writers and editors, and you'll gain access to the largest jazz readership on the planet. As writer/contributor Richard Salvucci put it, "My Doug Mettome article would have been read by 16 people at my blog. At AAJ, it was read over 4,000 times in three weeks!"
We also welcome the following:
Complete this form to get started.
- Photographs: live and portrait photography as well as historical photography, illustrations and paintings;
- Papers, book excerpts and previously published material.
We look forward to hearing from you! Michael Ricci
Founder, All About Jazz and Jazz Near You