- John Coltrane - hard to pick: Village Vanguard (1961), Sun Ship, One Down One Up, many more
- Miles Davis "Lost Quintet" - again hard to pick, but the Rotterdam concert is pretty great.
- Duke Ellington - very hard to pick: Newport, 1956? Okeh Ellington? Blanton/Webster band?
- Ornette Coleman - Complete Science Fiction Sessions
- Hampton Hawes - perhaps the duo album with Charlie Haden
- Arnold Schoenberg/Maurizio Pollini - Schoenberg piano music
- Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphonies 3, 5, and/or 9 (Fritz Reiner, Georg Solti, or George Szell)
- Beethoven/Artur Schnabel - Piano Sonatas (late sonatas especially)
- How many of these do I get?
Home: Buffalo, NY
Profile Views: 2,226
Pianist and composer currently living and working in the Buffalo, NY area. See my AllAboutJazz Musician Profile for more information about me and my music.