- Matt Bauder and Day in Pictures - Nightshades (Clean Feed)
- Chicago Underground Duo - Locus (Northern Spy)
- Cibo Matto - Hotel Valentine (Chimera)
- The Nels Cline Singers - Macroscope (Mack Avenue)
- The Fleshtones - Wheel of Talent (Yep Roc)
- Erik Friedlander - Nighthawks (Skipstone)
- Jon Irabagon - It Takes All kinds (Irabagast)
- Eric Revis - In Memory of Things Yet Seen (Clean Feed)
- Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials (Southern Lord)
- Thumbscrew - Thumbscrew (Cuneiform)
Member since 2006.
Home: Lancaster, PA
Profile Views: 30,509
After hearing Sonny Sharrock's Ask The Ages, there was no turning back.
Like many of my generation, my personal musical epiphany was punk rock, but it was the self-titled debut album by Naked City that really opened my ears in the late 1980s. A steady diet of classic post-war jazz followed and the historical connections between Coltrane and Miles to Berne and Frisell became clearer.