- Bill Evans -- Sunday at the Village Vanguard
- Bill Evans -- Waltz for Debby
- John Coltrane -- My Favorite Things
- June Christy -- Something Cool
- Miles Davis -- In a Silent Way
- Miles Davis -- On the Corner
- Paul Desmond -- Bossa Antigua
- Ron Miles -- Heaven
- Tony Scott -- Music for Zen Meditation and Other Joys
- Perry Robinson -- Funk Dumpling
- Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto -- Getz/Gilberto
- Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Beatles -- Rubber Soul
- The Stone Roses -- The Stone Roses
Member since 2003.
Home: Westfield, NJ
Profile Views: 20,298
Florence is the co-author of Perry Robinson: The Traveler.
I became exposed to jazz in the 1980s through the fortunate experience of living in Hoboken, New Jersey. Clarinetist Perry Robinson was living there at that time, and the town was filled with music and inexpensive apartments. I ended up cowriting Perry's autobiography (The Traveler) in the late 90s, which was a wonderful musical education. Plus reviewing for AAJ has exposed me to so much great music.
I also write reviews for SquidsEar.com. And I have written a few novels (Madeline; Mrs. Papadakis and Aspasia), and a mystery called Dashiki, which is about a journalist finding the lost tapes from the 1957 Monk-Coltrane gig at the Five Spot. In 2012 I published a book of poetry and memoir tales (Elvis in the Morning).