All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Serving jazz worldwide since 1995
All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Comments

Add New Comment

No HTML. Use [b]...[/b] for bold, [i]...[/i] for italics, [u]...[/u] for underlines.

Post Reply

Sort by newest | oldest

Comments (6)

• Trygve Knudsen wrote on January 07, 2013 report

Looking forward to enjoying this interview tonight - with a good cup of coffee! :-)

• Mort Weiss wrote on January 07, 2013 report

During the 2-3 years that Joey DeFrancesco and I hung together and turned out two first in jazz history records- we often talked about the music and who and what did and was doing with it. Re. Joey's work with John Mclaughlin (right after a year with Miles) I could glean from his memories of same that it was indeed a very important part of his development as not only a musician but as a human being (Joey & John's album "Free Spirits). My time spent with Joey back in the day was very rewarding to me in my development as a new/old kid on the block--of the jazz world at the time.

I never met John, but he exudes an energy, a life force if you will, of love and understanding. In damn near every picture of him--there is a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Mort Weiss

• Robert Bush wrote on January 07, 2013 report

Wow, Ian! What a terrific job! One of the best interviews I've ever read with Mr. McLaughlin. Thanks for this beautifully written and informative piece!

• Nikolay Shienok wrote on January 07, 2013 report

Thank you very much for this interview with John.

• Ian Patterson wrote on January 08, 2013 report

Thanks everybody for your kind comments and observations. With a new Remember Shakti studio album and tour in 2013 and the 4th Dimension clearly an ongoing project we can all look forward to a lot more tremendous music from JM - it should be enough to put a permanent twinkle in Mort's eyes.

• Mort Weiss wrote on January 09, 2013 report

Hello Ian, It's there already (the twinkle) in this case- the eyes have it:)) Mort