Comments

Sort by newest | oldest

9 Archived Comments

• Mort Weiss wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Hello R.J. Thanks man---and i'm honored!!!! Mort

• Dan Bilawsky wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Excellent list! I enjoyed many of these recordings.

• John T wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Nice list, but your description of John Lennon's singing does little more than diminish your credibility.

• Mort Weiss wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Yeah R.J. on John (can do no wrong) lennon. Re John Ts ignorant observation of your credibility - what can one expect from some dude that grew up thinking that I wanna hold your hand was a great piece--------of sh- Music?

Hey- yo--j j j Jonn T. Yeah you--hey man-theres a HOLE lot of bubble gum chewers web sites out there wasss up witch you coming to the worlds hippest web site on jazz and trying to dump on one of the most euridite cats around. mannnn-F**k*n Jive M***er F**krs sheeet! Hey editors-Please leave my obs in. as always------Mort

• John T wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Hey Mort --- yeah you --- have another drink on me! OK? And don't forget to have a Happy New Year too!

• Mort Weiss wrote on December 30, 2012 report

Yo Jhon T. I'd drather have it on a table or at the bar------But if you insist?? o k .

Thanks man-you have a good 2013 also. Mort

• R.J. DeLuke wrote on January 01, 2013 report

FIRST--Thanks Most. Keep on doing it. Your playing is stellar.
    As for John..I don't mind the comment. Lennon was (is) great. To think he had much of a singing voice---well: he jus5t didnt, That wasn't the point, any more than it was with Dylan. Or tom Waits (Whom I love).
    On the disk of Lennon music, the singers all have good voice. SOMETIMES too good. Some music sounds better with a more raw voice. I don't usually like Tom Waits covers, because the people doing them don't have that raw, gravely feeling.
    But I don't care about negative comments. Thick skin.
    Happy New Year.

• John T wrote on January 01, 2013 report

It's all good, R.J. To each his own and all that. What I had issue with was more about how you stated your opinion, not about the opinion itself.

Have a Happy New Year, and enjoy the music!

• Mort Weiss wrote on January 03, 2013 report