All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Serving jazz worldwide since 1995
All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Comments

Add New Comment

No HTML. Use [b]...[/b] for bold, [i]...[/i] for italics, [u]...[/u] for underlines.

Post Reply

Sort by newest | oldest

Comments (6)

• Raul d'Gama Rose wrote on February 09, 2012 report

Love these posts, Mikey! As I feel I'm back, I will stay on it, k?

• Michael Ricci wrote on February 09, 2012 report

Excellent, Raul! It's great to have you back!!

I feel like we are on a roll... and the future looks bright... again!

• Dr. Judith Schlesinger wrote on February 09, 2012 report

Happy to rejoin the fray after self-imposed book leave. The improvements sound swell, especially to the techno-challenged. Always proud to identify myself as an AAJ-er! RAH!

I am, however, scratching my head at the video. Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway, yes? Is this a famous scene with a significance I'm missing? Two bottom feeders finding each other? Um...er...what are you saying to us, boss?

• Jeff Fitzgerald, Genius wrote on February 09, 2012 report

The prodigal returns, again. My own battles aside, I'll do my best to deliver new Genius material for the cause. Ever forward!

• Michael Ricci wrote on February 09, 2012 report

Well, Barfly is a fave and they play Jimmy Smith in the background. And I couldn't find the snippet where Henry eats a ham sandwich, feels energized (proclaims "Hey, I've got the guts. But the guts need fuel.") and beats up Eddie the bartender.

• Michael Ricci wrote on February 09, 2012 report

For all you newcomers, the Genius used to write for AAJ back in the '70s--when articles were submitted via the U.S. Postal Service.