All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Serving jazz worldwide since 1995
All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Comments

Add New Comment

No HTML. Use [b]...[/b] for bold, [i]...[/i] for italics, [u]...[/u] for underlines.

Post Reply

Sort by newest | oldest

Comments (10)

• Navdeep Jhaj wrote on April 25, 2011 report

Outstanding! Every new day is a new, fresh musical page for him, and everything he has done makes me believe that this is truly genuinely so. How many of us live up to this aspiration?

• John Kelman wrote on April 25, 2011 report

Thanks, Navdeep. Don't forget to come back tomorrow, when a 2001 interview I did about his ECM years, never before published, is published....
    Best!
    John

• Jayson Kaplan wrote on April 27, 2011 report

Excellent piece on one of the most intriguing composers out there today. The guy constantly inspires me to try new things with my playing, to varying degrees of success. Thanks for Frisell Week. So far it's been great.

• John Kelman wrote on April 27, 2011 report

Thanks for taking the time to write, Jayson, and for the kind words.
    Best!
    John

• John K wrote on April 29, 2011 report

Another great article John, thanks!

• John Kelman wrote on April 29, 2011 report

Thanks, John, from another John K :)

• Robert Bores wrote on May 11, 2011 report

Excellent interview, John. I'll have to remember to read the 2001 interview when I have a moment. Thanks for letting Bill's words carry the interview!

Rob

• John Kelman wrote on May 11, 2011 report

Thanks Robert. As far as I'm concerned, the artist's voice should always carry an interview...I'm just the guy asking some questions, transcribing the interview, and whipping it into shape!

Do check out the 2001 interview; I was surprised, when I went back to it, to find just how much good stuff he gave me about his early years recording for ECM....

Thanks again for taking the time to write.
    Best!
    John

• Robert Bores wrote on May 12, 2011 report

You're right, John. The 2001 interview has some great stuff in it. Bill was very open with you. Nice job!

Rob

• John Kelman wrote on May 12, 2011 report

Thanks again for writing, Robert...and for taking the time to read both interviews. Bill's a very generous guy, and that clearly is something that hasn't changed, which is great to see.