All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Serving jazz worldwide since 1995
All About Jazz: The web's most comprehensive jazz resource

Comments

Add New Comment

No HTML. Use [b]...[/b] for bold, [i]...[/i] for italics, [u]...[/u] for underlines.

Post Reply

Sort by newest | oldest

Comments (7)

• Michael Ricci wrote on October 13, 2010 report

In case you missed Part I, go here...

• peter wrote on October 18, 2010 report

You've got a unique writing style, Jeff. I'm reading some of your older articles now too, and I kinda want just the 'meat' of the article without all the superfluous imagery or references.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site though. I need to frequent it more :)

• Michael Ricci wrote on October 19, 2010 report

hi peter,

superfluous references (and images)? it is a humor column after all.

• Jeff Fitzgerald, Genius wrote on October 21, 2010 report

I agree with you totally, Peter. In fact, for years, I have been trying to hone these pieces down to just the essential consonants. How has that worked out? Nt gd.

• Martin Gee wrote on December 09, 2010 report

How to listen ...

Is this supposed to be informative? Oh so clever and oh so useless. Anyone wantng to learn about jazz and not knowing much, will not be very much mucher after reading this confused and confusing mess.
    Miles did not invent cool jazz. Maybe Getz and some of the early West Coasters? What has exotic jam to do with Bop?
    Where are Ellington, Kenton, Basie, Mulligan, Hamp, etc etc.
    If you really want 1500-2000 words overviewing jazz from say 1925-1980, I would be happy to supply - 2 weeks notice please.

• John Kelman wrote on December 09, 2010 report

Martin,
    Jeff is a satirist. You've gotta take this with a grain of salt, please....!
    Best!