Comments

Sort by newest | oldest

11 Archived Comments

• James Nadal wrote on September 30, 2010 report

Congratulations Michael, John and the aaj staff who keep the fires burning. The innovative format changes and improvements over the years have certainly been of immense assistance for us who are not quite so tech savvy. Thanks the opportunity to contribute to the site, and for bearing with me on my profiles and reviews. It has been a gas!!
    Gracias Amigos!
    James Nadal Musician Profile Editor
    Puerto Rico

• Lyn Horton wrote on September 30, 2010 report

I am loving the new site configuration. I am very happy and proud to be one of your Contributing Writers.

Great! Lyn Horton

• Mark Corroto wrote on September 30, 2010 report

Viva AAJ!
    Viva Herbie!
    congrats Mike
    congrats to all the great writers......

• Michael Ricci wrote on September 30, 2010 report

Thank you, Lyn!

James, you are a one man Wikipedia army, though I just checked the score. I'm still out front on musician profiles 4236 to 915. ;-) Seriously, thanks for all your help, especially with your blues profiles.

• Michael Ricci wrote on September 30, 2010 report

Mark, I'm taking the bike up to Valley Forge park and I'm getting back into it. I rode down to Manayunk and back--30 miles round trip, baby! How is this year's pepper crop? I saw the pictures.

• Jerry D'Souza wrote on September 30, 2010 report

Hiya Mike
    When you ask to post a comment guess I have to please the "boss". On a more serious note, it has been a great 10 years contributing to AAJ. It gave me a home for my reviews when I was looking for one. Thank you for that. And it was wonderful meeting and chatting with you in Philly.
    Oh yes, before I forget, the new web is outstanding and a long, long way from what it looked like in 2000.
    Jerry

• Michael Ricci wrote on October 01, 2010 report

Likewise, Jerry, and thanks! AAJ took a major step forward in January 2003 when we went dynamic with our database. Up until that point, we were a static HTML site.

Jeff FitzGenius has the distinction of being the first author published:

• John Kelman wrote on October 01, 2010 report

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's been one long, strange trip since coming to AAJ in December, 2003, and I'd never have imagined it would have (or could have) led here. I never forget that without AAJ, so many of the opportunities that have presented themselves to me would simply never have been possible, so thanks to Michael for making all of that happen.

But equally, AAJ represents the collective success of a growing cadre of people, ranging from the contributors who deliver quality content, day in and day out, and the editors who strive to make it the best it can be, to the artists, labels, publicists, managers, festival promoters and others industry folks who have, by adopting AAJ, helped grow it into the largest, and most expansive website on jazz anywhere.

It's been a great seven years for me; here's to another few decades more!!
    John

• Tracey Nolan wrote on October 01, 2010 report

Nice work!

• R.J. DeLuke wrote on October 02, 2010 report

Wooo hoo...AAJ, always out front. Mike, will you marry me??? Seriously tho folks, THE place for jazz!

• Jack Bowers wrote on October 03, 2010 report

Hi Mike / everyone

Another triumph! (but one would expect no less from you and the other worker bees at AAJ). Thanks for mentioning my small contribution (which, by the way works great!). I look forward to knocking out the big-band reviews (and column) as long as I can keep the fingers moving. Best as always.

Showcase